COVID-19: How to Ensure your Business Continuity
Business Continuity Plan
As governments are taking increasingly drastic measures to limit the spread of coronavirus, your company’s business continuity may be threatened.
Kyos has already put in place a number of actions to ensure continuous service (see below), but can also assist you in the implementation of a remote working strategy.
In the case of the Covid-19 the first threat is not to be able to access the company’s premises, the remote provision of the working environment is therefore a first line of defense and must be prepared as soon as possible taking into account the following parameters:
- Access security: the publication of work environments must not constitute a new vector of attack.
- Accessibility: Depending on the number of portable terminals available in the company, it may be necessary to ask users to use their personal equipment, which is by definition heterogeneous and uncontrolled. An operating system agnostic solution is therefore required.
- Adequacy of resources in terms of :
- Remote Desktop Server to support the number of concurrent users
- Type of application, e.g. AutoCAD will require specific resources
- Available bandwidth to ensure a sufficient user experience during connection peaks
What is the effort for your company?
The implementation of secure remote access is a regular part of Kyos’ activities, so we can help you to quickly implement solutions adapted to your situation.
Our existing customers often already have some or all of the tools to enable this type of access, such as rapidly deployable VPN-SSL solutions or servers capable of supporting remote desktop functionality.
As the adequacy of resources is validated on a case-by-case basis, we can of course provide other fast and reliable means if required.
For more information, you can contact your Account Manager directly, send an email to email@example.com or contact us directly by phone at +41 22 566 76 30.
Measures taken by Kyos
Kyos has initiated the activation of its Business Continuity Plan, the following measures have been taken to ensure the safety of our employees and the availability of our services:
- Raising awareness of our colleagues on the good hygiene practices recommended by health organizations,
- Promotion of discussions and meetings by videoconference via Teams, we are ready if necessary to reduce the risks of contagion by promoting remote meetings,
- Implementation of a separation of the teams available in our offices and in Home Office,
- Validation of the ability to operate by secure remote access in the event of a complete quarantine, whether at the computer or communications level.
- The on-call service is maintained, if an intervention on your premises needs to be carried out, we will work in coordination with you to define the intervention modalities in order to limit the risks.
These various measures will allow us to ensure the best possible impact of this very particular situation.